Welcome to La Cuesta Inn San Luis Obispo
La Cuesta Inn is the perfect hotel for both leisure and business travelers. Experience the genuine warmth and hospitality that makes the Central Coast of California the ultimate destination. La Cuesta Inn is conveniently located within three quarters of a mile from Cal Poly California University campus, one mile from historic downtown San Luis Obispo, Thursday night Farmers Market, and Mission De Tolosa. Visit our nearby vineyards and award winning wineries or take a short drive to any one of our scenic beaches along the Central Coast. Return in the afternoon for cookies and tea, where the friendly staff is eager to assist you and provide you with an enjoyable experience. Our smoke-free, four-story building with ample parking and elevators offers you a relaxing and comfortable stay.
Boutique Styled Hotel
72 Smoke Free Rooms
Heated Outdoor Pool & Spa
Free Deluxe Continental Breakfast w/Waffles
DVD Players with Free DVD Rentals
IPod Docking Stations
Cable TV with HBO
Newly Remodeled Rooms
Executive Rooms with Patio
Iron & Board, Coffee Maker, and Hair Dryer
Free Local Calls
Complimentary Afternoon Tea & Cookies
24 Hour Coffee and Hot Chocolate
Business Center Computer, Printer, & Fax
1 mile to Cal Poly & Downtown
24 Hour Front Desk
San Luis Obispo offers to you:
- California Polytechnic State University - California Polytechnic State University, also officially recognized as Cal Poly, is a nationally ranked public university located in San Luis Obispo, California, USA. Cal Poly is one of the 23 general purpose campuses of the California State University system (CSU) and is the second largest land-holding university in California. Comprising seven distinct colleges, Cal Poly offers a full spectrum of degrees. The emphasis of the University is a "learn by doing" educational experience for its more than 19,000+ students. Many students seek admission to Cal Poly not only because of its excellent academic reputation, but also because of the 6,000-acre main campus nestled in the foothills of San Luis Obispo, just minutes from California's Central Coast beaches.
- Christopher Cohan Performing Arts Center - The magnificent performing arts center (Known as 'The PAC') is the result of a partnership and a true spirit of cooperation between California Polytechnic State University, the City of San Luis Obispo and the Foundation for the Performing Arts. It was believed that the people of our area and visitors to our community deserved a special facility devoted to the enrichment of lives through the quality presentation of arts and cultural activities. During the course of the center's planning, it was decided to incorporate the existing 497-seat Cal Poly Theatre and to call the entire complex the Performing Arts Center San Luis Obispo. The new facility, featuring a concert hall with 1,282 seats, the pavilion - a multi-purpose venue, and a 170-seat recital hall, was named the Christopher Cohan Center. The name was dedicated to Christopher Cohan due to his historic ties to San Luis Obispo and Cohan's gift of $2.1 million on the eve of the inauguration of the capital campaign for the center's construction. It was the largest single gift to any individual California State University campus on record. Performing art events are held year round with nationally recognized productions and tours.
- Cuesta Community College - Cuesta College is a public community college located in San Luis Obispo County off the Central Coast of California. The College offers over 76 Associates degree programs and 96 certificate programs. Cuesta is a part of the California Community Colleges system and accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Located on State Route 1 (Hwy. 1), the Cuesta campus is six miles from the beaches of the Pacific Ocean and six miles from the center of San Luis Obispo (SLO). A number of Cuesta students transfer to the public California State University and University of California systems, including the nearby Cal Poly campus, as well as private colleges and universities.
- Wineries - San Luis Obispo County is home to two distinct wine country regions, both attracting world-wide acclaim, as featured in the award-winning movie "Sideways." With 200+ wineries, most welcome visitors to wine tasting rooms for samples of prize-winning wines, cheese pairings, and vineyard tours. In the San Luis Obispo wine region, the cool climate and marine sediment combine to produce the most highly regarded, rich, buttery Chardonnay grapes in California wine. In the north, the long, hot summers and chalk and limestone hillsides of Paso Robles yield award-winning Zinfandels and Rhone varietals. Our mild Mediterranean climate is perfect for year-round wine tasting and wine country tours. San Luis Obispo wine country is worth a visit in itself, or you can take it as an added bonus to the beaches, Hearst Castle mansion, the historic Missions, the beautiful scenery, and the wonderful small towns that the city has to offer. Relaxed country drives. Friendly people. Great wines. San Luis Obispo is the perfect destination.
- Golf Courses - Reasonably-priced golf, with easy to get T-times, and great weather... You're in golf heaven. With several well-maintained California public golf courses, as well as San Luis Obispo's private golf courses available to you to play, you have a choice that will match your challenge level. The Central Coast has many wonderful golf courses to offer spreading throughout the entire county. There is never a shortage of courses for the golf enthusiast including local Laguna Lake Golf Course, San Luis Obispo Country Club and only a short drive away from the coast is Avila Beach Golf Resort and Cypress Ridge Golf Course.
- Hearst Castle - "…Miss Morgan, we are tired of camping out in tents at the ranch in San Simeon, I would like to build a little something…” This statement from William Randolph Hearst to renowned architect, Julia Morgan, is what started it all in 1919. By 1947, Mr. Hearst had created an estate boasting 165 rooms and 127 acres of gardens, terraces, pools, and walkways. This legendary California manor sits at 1,600 feet above sea level; often just resting on the coastal fog. Hearst Castle presents guests with a choice of five different guided tours, including daytime and evening opportunities. The museum shop and gift shop offer a collection of books as well as home furnishings reflective of the time period. With reproductions of classic Castle art pieces, the museum shop encourages guests to take home a piece of the Hearst Castle experience. In addition, the National Geographic Theater at the Visitor's Center offers a five-story screen theater with regular showings of the film, Hearst Castle: Building the Dream.
- Downtown Farmers Market - Barbecued ribs, freshly picked produce, arts and crafts, and live entertainment ...its San Luis Obispo's lively Farmers Market! Held year round, rain-or-shine on Thursday nights, the SLO Farmers Market is a street fair and produce market. Locals and visitors alike can shop for the county's freshest produce and flowers, devour delicious ribs and sandwiches, browse local shops open late, and enjoy a variety of live entertainment. Recognized as a leader of such activities in California, Farmers Market is held on six downtown blocks of Higuera Street, between Osos and Nipomo streets. The area is closed to all through traffic to make room for this fabulous event.
- Activities - San Luis Obispo County has something for all who enjoy the outdoors - pristine beaches, quiet country roads, and a mild, sunny climate. Abundant wildlife includes seals, sea otters, sea mammals, monarch butterflies in winter, and over 200 species of birds. Activities are limitless including golfing, fishing, swimming, biking, kayaking, hiking, and surfing. SLO is also home to handfuls of galleries - most presenting the paintings, sculpture, jewelry, photographs and other creations of the many talented local artists that have chosen to live here. In addition, there are live theatre venues, symphony performances and a variety of museums. There's always something exciting going on in San Luis Obispo County - plays, concerts, fairs, festivals, sporting events, holiday celebrations, special museum exhibitions or other events. Don't forget the crown jewel of the Central Coast - Hearst Castle - if you want to see world class art and antiques.
La Cuesta Inn San Luis Obispo California CA Hotels Lodging Accommodations Budget Affordable Motels Cheap Vacation Packages Specials Business Travelers Cal Poly Extended Stay